The majority of homeowners do not give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or unless it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most out of this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how it keeps your food cool—and Superior Santa Monica Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out everything you will want to understand concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Santa Monica.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for several years. A refrigerator stores food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to eliminate spoilage and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Superior Santa Monica Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is located on the back exterior panel of the appliance and helps to emit the warmth absorbed from within the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
A evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs warmth held within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to call a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is directed through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas, turning it into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature within a refrigerator, starting the cooling period as it is needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Santa Monica for service the moment an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the next cool down starts. The unit collects the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues on its trip to the evaporator component, pushing through the coils within the appliance and freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in quite a few applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from a single place and then moving it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, provides a safe environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule service with Superior Santa Monica Appliance Repair.
Superior Santa Monica Appliance Repair is able to repair nearly all major models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Santa Monica undergo training to fix cooling problems, broken ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart synchronization and numerous other malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working